“Content is the King, but Marketing is the Queen, and the Queen runs the household.” This quote by Gary Vaynerchuk tells us that no matter how much better your content or product is, the marketing aspect of the business is also equally important to drive your business success.
As the number of internet users across the world increases, the scope of creating brand awareness among them also increases. According to a report published by Statista, “as of January 2023, there were 5.16 billion internet users worldwide, which is 64.4 percent of the global population.” Today in the digital landscape, it is not enough to have an online presence. But should also have a digital marketing strategy to achieve your business goals.
What is Digital Marketing Strategy?
Digital or Online Marketing is the act of raising awareness about your product over the internet. It can be done so by using search engines, Social media or sending an email newsletter. It can be done by creating content in a text or Video medium.
Digital vs Traditional Marketing Methods
Here, you might have a question about- Which will be better for my business to attract more customers?
Well, the answer is simple:
- You want to invest in the kind of marketing having a wider audience reach.
- Invest in Marketing which enables you to track and update the performance of your various marketing channels.
- You want that kind of marketing which gives you the flexibility to inspect and target specific audiences for your product.
- With a digital marketing strategy, you get to compete with the big players in the market, as content only matters for search engines.
- It is also cost effective as compared to the traditional one. You can track the day to day activity of your campaign to find out which digital marketing channels are doing good and which do not. This practice allows you to optimize your budget for better results.
You might have guessed by now which among the above I’m talking about. Yes, you got it right- Digital Marketing Strategy.
But what about the Traditional method?
The Traditional Marketing strategy includes creating awareness among the people about your brand with the help of Billboards or magazines. With this kind of marketing, you can’t measure if the people buying your product are coming after seeing the ads on billboards or not. Also, you can not do much if the strategy does not provide the results you were looking for, which is not the case in Digital marketing.
For Example- If you find out that 5% of your traffic is coming from Social media, you know that you need to up your social media campaign.
Types of Digital Marketing Strategy
Below are some of the key Digital Marketing Strategies to generate qualified traffic to your website.
Search Engine Optimization:
This is the process of optimizing your website to get a higher rank on search engines like Google. With an SEO strategy, you can have your product or services visible to the users above your competitors. So it becomes essential for businesses to plan and implement a proper SEO strategy to reach out to more customers. There is number of ways to achieve this, as listed below:
On-Page SEO: It is the part of the SEO that deals with optimizing the website for better ranking on SERP. This can be achieved by-
- Updating old blogs or landing pages on your website.
- Writing content with keywords to target specific audiences.
- Optimizing the title tags with specific keywords.
- Writing short and crispy meta descriptions.
- Optimizing the URLs to add the target keyword.
- Add internal links for the search engine to crawl other web pages
- Include and optimize images on your website.
- Use Schema markup to frame your content structure.
- Writing engaging blog posts for the audience.
- Framing your contents with Header tags.
To know the room for improvement, it is essential to conduct an SEO audit. It’ll help you to identify the lackings in your previous SEO strategy and make the best of new strategy.
Off-Page SEO: It is the process of optimizing your website from off the page activity. It includes gaining backlinks from authentic third party websites that link to your websites. This is an important factor to rank on SERP as the backlinks are viewed as a vote of confidence from other websites.
Another method that off-page seo include is Social media posting, where you can help your viewers to visit the landing page or any other specific page on your website.
Technical SEO: This is one of the types of SEO that deals with technical aspects of the website to increase the ranking on search engines. It is done to help google crawl and understand the content of your website better. It also takes account of the loading speed of the website and improves it for a better user experience. Some of the Best technical SEO practices are:
- Using Https for better security of your website.
- Improving web page speed of your website.
- Ensuring your website is Mobile Friendly.
- Find and Fix Duplicate content issues and broken pages.
- Optimizing the Core web vitals for better user experience.
It is one of the excellent ways to advertise your product. Companies can send emails to notify their customers about the updates available or new products or services launched by the company. By doing so, you can build a relationship based on value with your customer, which can go a long way.
PPC (Pay per Click):
PPC drives traffic to your website by paying a publisher every time someone clicks on the Ads. For Example- One of the most common types of PPC is Google Ads. Other channels where you can use the PPC includes:
- Paid ads on Facebook.
- Twitter Ads campaign.
- Youtube Ads Campaign.
You might have seen famous influencers promoting products on their social media page. This is nothing but a part of Sponsored Content strategy. Companies hire famous influencers who discuss and promote your products with their followers. This is the sure digital marketing tactic to reach a wide base of potential customers. You, as a company, can also pay other entities to create and promote content about your product.
Social Media Marketing:
This practice helps you to promote your products or services on social media. You can generate leads to your website by providing the link to the specific product page of your website. Or you can also take part in social media campaigns that resonate with a broader audience to increase awareness about your product.
Affiliate Marketing is the practice of promoting other companies products or services. When someone clicks through your affiliate link and purchases, you get a commission. The commission can be based on a percentage of the sale or a fixed amount. It includes:
- Putting affiliate link in your social media post
- Hosting videos Ads on YouTube.
- Putting affiliate links on your blog posts.
Search Engine Marketing:
This strategy aims to bring more traffic to your website by placing Ads on Search engines. The most popular channels of SEM are Google and Bing Ads. By doing so, Businesses can put the Ads of their products on top of the SERP.
This term denotes the creation of content for the purpose of generating awareness about your product among people. An easy to understand content can help you as a brand to drive traffic to your website and convert them to your customers. This includes:
- Audio or Video Content
To create a digital marketing strategy for a startup, you need to understand what your business wants to achieve and who your target customers are. You should research your competition and figure out which online channels will be the most effective for your business. It’s important to be flexible and regularly monitor your progress to optimize your results. A good digital marketing strategy can help your startup establish an online presence, build brand awareness, and attract customers. By following these steps, your startup can achieve long-term success through digital marketing.