SEO is such an important aspect of making your products or services visible to people. There’s no doubt about it. But have you ever thought that the SEO practices that you employ are good enough for your Business? Maybe or Maybe not. You might have a large business which requires a more comprehensive SEO approach to scale your Business. You might be aware that the SEO practices that work for a small business may not necessarily work for a bigger one. Missing out to adapt to your business needs can lead you to lose a lot of potential customers and, in turn, revenues.
Enterprise SEO is challenging if you try to get it done with limited resources. You need a specialized Enterprise SEO team to keep and maintain your organic traffic. Whereas in small corporate settings, a few SEO experts are enough to handle the needs.
Let us dive deep and understand why enterprises need a more comprehensive approach to their search engine optimization practices.
What is Enterprise SEO?
Enterprise SEO is also known as Corporate SEO. It encompasses technical SEO practices. Enterprise SEO aims to provide a tailored approach for large businesses and websites. With corporate SEO, you can rank for competitive keywords that have high search volumes. In simple words, you get the top position among the search results for keywords that are harder to rank. It helps you to target your audience, generate leads and drive sales.
Enterprise SEO vs Traditional SEO
|It involves High Financial Investment.||It involves Less Financial investment.|
|Aims to target difficult to rank keywords.||Aims to target moderate to rank keywords. For Example|
|Might have multiple locations around the country to Focus.||Might need to focus on the local area of Business only.|
|Focus on keeping up their Brand reputation.||Focus on creating Brand reputation and awareness.|
|Have to optimize thousands of pages for SEO.||Have to Optimize few web pages for SEO.|
Signs to Lookout for a Change in SEO Strategy
There are a few red flags that companies should look out for before switching to a more effective SEO strategy. They are listed as follows:
- Your websites do not perform as desired when it comes to ranking for competitive short keywords.
- You, as a company, rely too much on paid ads to make your product visible to your target audiences.
- The SEO agency that you work with fails to respond to your messages or is not able to deliver results.
- If your SEO marketing agency says that “content doesn’t matter” or provides poor backlinks to your website.
In any case, If you see that your current SEO strategy is not able to match your future goals, you should switch.
Tips to Do SEO for an Enterprise
- Page Speed- The speed of the page is one of the main reasons that decide whether your visitor will stay or bounce from your website. A slow and non-responsive website is bad from an SEO point of view. Below are a few key tips listed that will help you to improve the loading speed of your webpage:
- Image Size- If your websites have embedded high-quality Images on your websites it can cause slow loading of your Websites. So, you, as a company, want to compress the size of your Image for improvement in the loading speed of the websites.
- HTTPS links- Your Browser sends a request to the server for information every time you interact with it. HTTPS request reduces the loading speed of the website. The more requests, the more your web page or website loads slowly. Your visitor may face a long time waiting for the response to come from the server side. For Example, you might have visited a web page that has multiple redirects before it lands you on the target page. If yes, you might have experienced a momentary pause in the loading of the web page.
abcd.com -> www.abcd.com -> m.abcd.com -> m.abcd.com/home
- Turning on the Cache Data- Enabling the cache Data can help your website load faster for your visitors. How? When the cache is enabled, your web pages store the data of your visitors already. With this, your browser does not have to reload the entire page.
- Sub-Domains: It is nothing but an extension of the Parent Domain of your website. You can optimize your website into sub-domains to provide a better user experience to your visitors. It improves not only the navigation of your website but also customer engagement. For Example, let us take an example of an URL https:blog.brand.com/subtopic/blog-post. Here in the URL:
HTTPS: Stands for protocol
Blog: Stands for Subdomain
Brand.com: Stands for Domain
Subtopic: Stands for Subdirectory
Blog post: Stands for Web Page
- Updation of the Old Content: It is such an important factor to help your website rank higher on Search Engine. Many businesses do not know that they can’t rank in SERP with old content. It is because the content will eventually get outdated and need to be replaced with a new one. Users like to read only the latest information about any topic. So, It becomes crucial for businesses to update their website content to cater to the search needs of the users. They should also make sure that they update their website content without deleting a page that holds high page authority and Backlinks.
- 301 & 302 Redirect- There can be a situation where your website is under maintenance or update. In this case, you do not want your visitors to come across an error message rather than giving them the result they were looking for. To deal with this problem, you have 301 and 302 redirects for websites. These redirects are used to direct the visitor of the page to another website or web page. They can also be used to change the protocol of the website from HTTP to HTTPS.
301-It is used to move the website permanently to another URL location. Here the value of the web page also moves to the new website.
302- It is used to move the website temporarily to another URL location for a short period. Here the value of the web page does not move to the new website.
- Link Building: It is the process of earning links from other websites to your own. But to do this, the website which is giving you the links to your website should have good domain authority. Backlinks are seen as a vote of confidence by Google, which helps the website to rank better on SERP. The more Backlink a website has, the more will be its chances to rank higher on search engines. This can be done by creating Blogs, Guest posts, emails etc, for the other website to link to your own. Backlinks help websites as follows:
- Improve ranking on Search Engines.
- Boost the Credibility of your website.
- Help Google find new web pages on your websites.
- Send the referral traffic to your website.
- Greater sale opportunities.
- Pillar Pages: Pillar pages are of great importance to websites from an SEO point of view. It provides a thorough overview of a topic to which interlinks can be added to related web pages. For Example, Let us assume that you have a website that provides SEO services. The Pillar Page of the website can be a web page titled “SEO Toronto Experts’ Guide – How To Boost SEO Rankings?” To this pillar page, similar web pages can be linked, which can be as follows:
Pillar Pages help the website as follows:
- Improves the authority and the ranking of the domain on Search Engines.
- Makes it easy to navigate through websites for the users.
- Shows that the website has expertise and knowledge on certain topics.
- High Quality Content: Content is the most important aspect of any SEO work. Your content should be written in a manner that answers the query of your users. It should have keywords that match the search intent of the users. For Example, if your user is searching for, let’s say “What are the best Enterprise SEO tools” your website must be optimized to contain a longtail keyword targeting this query. You should also make sure that your Title tag, meta descriptions and URL have the target keywords that will help Google show your content to the related search queries made by the users.
Implementing the above discussed enterprise SEO strategies can prove to be a game changer for your Business. By optimizing your website for search engines, you can make your products or services more visible to a wider audience present online. It will help you to drive more organic traffic to your website, which in turn will help you generate more revenue from your Business. However, it’s important to approach enterprise SEO with the right plan to stay ahead of your competitors.
So if you’re looking to take your Business to the next step further, look out to invest in Enterprise SEO for success. With the right strategy and team in place, you can achieve great results and establish a strong online presence for your enterprise.